Norigin Media is a proudly Scandinavian TV Streaming products & services company. We make TV-Tech simple for broadcasters and operators around the world, who run multi-screen TV streaming solutions similar to Netflix, HBO Nordics, Viaplay, etc.
As one of the original European video streaming providers since 2004, Norigin Media offers video hosting, TV products development and services for multiple global streaming services.
Headquartered in the centre of Oslo, Norigin Media have offices in multiple locations and also have staff in mutliple countries. Join our team, in this technically evolving industry and help architect or build new experiences that will reach millions of users across mobiles, tablets, browsers, smart-TVs and game consoles. Apply today to become a part of our family!
FRONTEND DEVELOPER (TV Apps Suite)
We are looking for a full-time frontend developer to join our expanding TV Apps Suite & TV Apps SDK development team in Oslo HQ (already located in Oslo or ready to relocate).
The team in Oslo consists of men and women, from across the world. We are around 35 persons in our Oslo offices with persons from around 15 countries! We speak English at work. The company is a flat organisation with self running individuals who will have a good place for both personal and professional development.
The candidate should be enthusiastic and passionate about programming. At Norigin Media we are focused on building TV streaming Apps with cutting edge & creative technologies. We push ourselves to write clean and considerate code that delivers high performing, functional and reliable experiences across many screens. Join us on our voyage of building great entertainment solutions, whether that’s a large application with millions of users or our in-house technology to accelerate our development team.
Multi-screen include platforms across all major Smart TVs, PC/Macs browsers, Smartphones and Tablets (iOS and Android), Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox and Playstation. We offer opportunities to grow as a developer in a positive and constructive environment. Code review and knowledge sharing are of great importance to us, so experience working in a team and following our development guidelines is a must.
- 3+ years of professional application development experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent technical qualification.
- Strong experience and interest in modern web technologies such as, React / React Native, TypeScript, Vue etc.
- Multi-screen development experience (Smartphones, Tablets, PCs, TVs).
- Deep experience with client integration of Restful APIs.
- Passion for building user experiences with adept knowledge of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3+ & the latest DOM APIs)
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and design patterns along with a drive for keeping things simple.
- Solid foundation of computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience in building production grade solutions that are both scalable and maintainable.
- Experience with unit, integration & functional testing frameworks like Jest, Jasmine or Mocha.
- English (mandatory) & Norwegian (appreciated) working language.
- A fun working environment right in the centre of Oslo.
- A very international workplace with great projects and people.
- Lunch & Coffee (const COFFEE = ‘Code’;)
- Regular company hackathons.
- Socially active work environment with fun colleagues, including table tennis and pool table.
- A budget for attending tech conferences in Scandinavia and abroad.
- Opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to our Norigin tech blog.
- Be part of our social events within the company and meet people from all disciplines, not just your fellow nerds.
- And other little sweetners like mobile, home internet, insurances, pensions.
Salary is negotiable depending on what skills you have and the skills you’re missing and many other things of course. But don’t worry if you feel like you don’t “tick all the boxes”, you may have enough for us to find a place for you in our team! If you have managed to read this far through the application leave a unique funny emoji at the bottom of your cover letter.
For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory) and that you are eligible for work and residence permit (candidates with existing permits or EU/EEA citizenship prioritized).
Please send your cover note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position of “Frontend Developer” in the subject field.