NORIGIN MEDIA is a TV Everywhere company, which enables multi-screen and OTT services for carriers, broadcasters and content owners. The Scandinavian company offers a complete multi-screen application suite and a Live TV hosting headend capacity as primary products.
NORIGIN MEDIA is reinventing how people watch TV. Join the technical revolution on how people will consume TV content in the years to come. You will architect and develop user experiences that will reach millions of TV users on Smartphones, Tablets, PC´s, Connected TV´s and Game Consoles.
NORIGIN MEDIA is seeking an experience Product Manager to work in the company’s core Product Development Team in Oslo, Norway. As a Product Manager on the Core Product Team, you will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and planning the execution of the vision for the company´s OTT TV & Video streaming products.
The position requires business acumen as well as engineering experience in order to be able to strategise, drive and deliver our products to the market. You will work extensively with a cross function of various internal teams ranging from Sales/Marketing, Product Development, Engineering, Testing, and any other internal teams who are related to product development.
The current flagship products of the company include the Hybrid Apps, a multi-screen TV and video suite of applications and cloudncoder.com, a multi-screen cloud encoding product for linear TV content and events.
- Product Backlog management
- Work with customers to collect product features (monthly product backlog review)
- Study external services and market trends to collect product features
- Keep control of Device Roadmap (OS versions to be supported and new platforms/devices)
- Work with Internal Product Design Team to specify requirement and design for all features
- Write Detailed requirements (user stories) for product features
- Manage product roadmap presentation, product definitions, design guidelines
- Facilitate post sales operations (aligning customer requirement with product, design services)
- Responsible for Product Demos for conferences, customer meetings, roadshows etc
- Facilitate innovation inside the company
- Support sales across the entire sales processes from lead generation to closing.
- Continued support of the successful accounts for the company including product delivery commitments and road-mapping processes.
- Manage large tender processes and pitches and all relevant coordination with the Sales teams.
- International Travel for customer and prospect meetings.
- Attending multiple Conferences and exhibitions to support the Norigin sales teams and gather more product industry knowledge.
Skills and Experience
- Experience leading Story/Epic creation meetings as well as iteration and release planning meetings
- Good knowledge of Scrum and Scrum Product Owner
- Best knowledge of best practices of software engineering methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban,…)
- Experience from the TV or online video or streaming industry
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working on large scale technology projects
- Excellent verbal and written skills (English)
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Deep understanding of Cloud architecture and application deployment
- Understanding of Video codec, streaming protocols and networks
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Presentation skills
- Excellent excel and ppt/ keynote skills
For your application to be considered please let us know when you can start and that you are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory).
Please send your cover note and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position in the subject field.